MassEnergyInsight is a
web-based tool that makes it easy for Massachusetts communities to:
- Learn about energy use by municipal operations
- Monitor that energy use and associated costs
- Plan how to put effective energy efficiency programs in place
- Communicate their efforts to reduce their community’s carbon footprint
and save taxpayer dollars
Free and easy to use
Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is making MassEnergyInsight,
developed by Peregrine
Energy Group, available at no
cost to every Massachusetts city, town, and regional entity.
To use MassEnergyInsight:
- Get authorized: Authorization is required to access your community's data. Download authorization
Guidelines: Word / PDF .
- Log in: Visit MassEnergyInsight.net to log in and access MassEnergyInsight.
- Watch the training videos: On-demand training videos are available within MassEnergyInsight. Begin with the Getting Started video on the home page, then visit the Videos page in the Support section to learn how to accomplish specific tasks and get the most out of MassEnergyInsight.
- Clean up your data:
Categorize and align your community’s data by departments and
buildings, and fill in any missing data. (NOTE: It may be helpful to
prepare in advance by creating a list of all municipal buildings that
includes square footage, occupants, and year built.)
- Raw data from
major utilities will already be loaded into MassEnergyInsight for each
- See results: Use
MassEnergyInsight’s intuitive reports to create realistic,
targeted programs that effectively reduce your community’s
energy use and carbon footprint.